1. Beyond City Lights want to provide you with amazing memories of great adventures and experiences. We are committed to providing the best service possible to ensure you have the best time!
2. Any reference to the term ‘trip’ or ‘tour’ in these booking conditions covers any Drive, walk, event, or otherwise named product or service we sell or provide.
3. All bookings are made with Beyond City Lights, a trading name of Sarah Stevens, Sole Trader of Spring Cottage, Well Street, Maidstone ME15 0EL.
4. The terms and conditions of all agreements made with Beyond City Lights shall be subject to and governed by English Law.
Payment – price and deposit
5. Payment in full is required at the point of booking a place on our trips.
6. It is important to be aware that once your trip is booked, you have entered into a binding contract for which a non-refundable deposit has been paid as part of the trip price.
7. Non-Refundable Deposit: a deposit is required and taken for all trips, payable immediately at the point of booking online; said amount is included in the total trip price paid at the rate of 30% of the quoted trip price for UK trips of less than 7 days duration.
8. Please be aware that, should you wish to cancel your trip at any time after booking, cancellation penalties will be applied according to the date of receipt by us of written cancellation notice.
9. It is strongly recommended that you have suitable travel and cancellation insurance coverage in place from the time of booking.
Cancellations and Refunds
10. Cancellation of a trip by us will entitle you to a refund of the full cost of your trip excluding any transaction fees incurred directly by the us, unless cancellation has been forced by an Act of God, force majeure, or unforeseen government intervention, in which case the actual costs incurred by the us will be subtracted from any refund due. No other compensation will be allowable.
11. We reserve the right to cancel any trip that does not have sufficient people taking part to make the trip financially viable. If a trip is likely to be cancelled under such circumstances, we undertake to provide notice of the fact as soon as possible. Issue of such notice will not occur less than 7 days before the departure date for UK trips.
12. Cancellation of bookings requested by the Client must be notified to the Company in writing by email. Refund conditions are based upon the date of receipt by us of written notification and set out below and repeated online in our Policy:
a. For UK trips of less than 7 days duration, cancellation notice received within
i. 7 days of departure - 0% of the refundable amount returned
ii. 8 - 20 days of departure - 50% of the refundable amount returned
iii. 20+ days of departure - 100% of the refundable amount returned
13. In all cases the administrative and transaction costs borne by us in making refunds, amounting to 15% of the amount agreed due for refund, will be deducted from the amount agreed prior to any refund transaction being made to the client.
Travel and Transportation
14. Individuals are responsible for obtaining their own visas and any associated travel permissions for the destination country and all countries transited en route.
15. If any trip requires train travel, such tickets are booked in standard class and subject to the conditions of carriage as stipulated by the rail company issuing the ticket.
16. If you book to join a trip on a ‘land only’ basis, we cannot accept any responsibility for travel arrangements that you make in order to join that trip at any specified location.
17. We accept no financial liability that may arise from any enforced change to your travel plans due to alteration of the trip dates, the itinerary, or trip cancellation, howsoever caused. You are advised to obtain cancellation insurance and to book transferable and/or refundable travel tickets with no penalties in case a cancellation should occur.
18. We cannot be held responsible for any missed connecting transport required to join the trip at the specified location when booked independently of the Company.
19. We may, for operating reasons, be required to adjust advertised departure and return dates by 24 hours, even after bookings have been accepted and paid.
20. Whilst we will make every effort to adhere to a planned itinerary, it must be realised that in this type of travel your final itinerary may differ from that previously communicated.
21. Itinerary changes may occur at short notice due to adverse weather, force majeure, mountain conditions, client or leader illness, road conditions, or to operating conditions imposed by owners and operators of accommodation, facilities, aircraft, vessels and other forms of transport, for which we accept no responsibility howsoever caused.
22. We will make every effort to inform you of the nature of any change and its impact as we know of each change before or after departure. Should any changes prove unavoidable and involve clients in extra costs, such as accommodation, transportation and meals, any such costs will be borne by the client.
23. Neither ourselves nor any of our representatives will be responsible for any illness, injury or death sustained on a trip except where such illness, injury or death is caused by negligence on the part of their representatives, nor will they be liable for any uninsured loss of personal property or equipment brought on any trip.
24. To take part in one of our trips it is your responsibility to be covered by insurance adequate for the activity for complete duration of the trip. Your insurance must include cover for: cancellation, medical expenses, injury and death, the costs of repatriation, search and rescue, and helicopter evacuation.
25. If in the event of an emergency medical rescue or evacuation of a client from a trip either by foot, helicopter, or otherwise, the responsibility for the payment of such costs will lie with the client.
26. Any subsequent post-rescue costs for expenses such as hotels, food, transport etc. shall be borne by the client.
27. It is imperative that the client ensures adequate insurance is in place before departure and failure to demonstrate some may disqualify participation without compensation.
28. In case of a suspected or confirmed emergency involving you or the group of which you are a member, the Company reserves the right to arrange (or to make arrangements for its or your insurers to arrange) search, rescue and recovery as it deems appropriate and reasonable. You agree to indemnify the Company and keep the Company indemnified from all losses, apportioned appropriately to you, arising from any such search, any such helicopter usage and any resulting repatriation, for medical or non-medical reasons, including legal costs of making a recovery against you.
29. A client leaving a trip at any stage, for whatever reason, will not be entitled to any refund or compensation unless agreed by Sarah Stevens of Beyond City Lights.
30. We shall ensure that appropriate security measures are in place to protect your personal data (as defined by the Data Protection Act 1998, as updated by the GDPR Regulation). When you make a booking, you consent to the information you provide being passed on to the Company’s suppliers, agents, sub-contractors, employees, or volunteers whether based inside or outside the European Economic Area for the purposes of our providing you with the trip.
31. By agreeing to these booking conditions, you consent to the Company’s staff taking photographs and/or video footage of you during the trip and that these images may be used by the Company for publicity and training purposes including, but not limited to, in brochures, websites material and in the media. Photos and video footage supplied by you or other team members may also be used as described above.
32. On the advancement of any payment for a booking on any of our trips the client acknowledges that they have read and understood the above booking conditions and agrees to be bound by them.
33. If you have any complaints whilst on your trip, immediately inform Sarah Stevens who will use all reasonable efforts to remedy it.
34. We will do our utmost to ensure that any problems are solved for the benefit of the group as a whole. Making a booking signifies your acceptance of the Trip Leader’s authority to make decisions affecting the group or individuals for the benefit of the group as a whole. For instance, the Trip Leader may require an individual to leave the group if he/she believes: that person’s health is at risk; that they demonstrate inadequate fitness; if an illegal act is committed; or their behaviour becomes detrimental to the safety, enjoyment or well-being of the group. In such cases of Trip Leaders taking such actions, the individual concerned will not be entitled to any refund or other compensation.
35. If you remain dissatisfied with the Trip Leader’s remedial actions, you must make full details of the complaint known to us in writing within 28 days of the end of your trip. If you fail to so notify us your right to claim the compensation you may otherwise have been entitled to may be affected or lost as a result.